Translate

Monday 3 October 2011

Cake

I am living only
By half ways,
I get glimpses in
To a whole

(Pretty pictures presented
Though success and togetherness
Well toned stomach muscles well
Trained pets
Well developed relationships)

My tongue sticks to
The glass, I
Can almost taste the cinnamon
On that perfectly baked
cake...

But I am drawn
Out by the rain, by thunder
By earthsky connections
And cakes
Are forgotten and if I
Remember then I know
I will have lost the recipe.

I can make you dreams
Of mercury thunder storms.

But I cannot make you cake.

And while you
Are part of that picture
That I am peering into,
(Or want to be part,
Or while I want to make you safe like
That
Stripping my cells of their shine)
I am only living
Halfly

Lightening playing beyond my reach

No comments:

Post a Comment