Translate

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Megan


I love your CAPITALS

Your voice that SHOUTS about
IMPORTANT things
And EXCITING things

And MAGIC things
And shouts for ME

And ANYONE who can
See the MAGIC

Your voice that takes me
STOMP STOMP STOMP

Back to our garden
And me FOUR and you SIX
And you EXPLAINING the
WORLD to me.

Because it was IMPORTANT

To MUDPIES and MULBERRIES

And imaginaries in BOXES AND BUBBLES

To bathtime ADVENTURES, where you
Were PIRATE QUEEN but made me, nearly
Always FIRST mate (and sometimes the parrot)

To FIGHTS about the colour of the SKY
And my first introductions to spectrums of truth, BLUE
I would say, YES NOW, you said but MAINLY PURPLE

And I cried frustrated tears about MAINLY

And we STOMP STOMP STOMPED
STORIES.

Mainly stories,
riddled with truths,
like
The earthworms we
saved off the tiles,
After the rain.

1 comment:

  1. I see two small girls, the dark and the fair saving earthworms and the universe together

    ReplyDelete