Translate

Monday 26 September 2011

Bold and Bright

If I forget
(on purpose maybe)
To draw my curtains

People see a corner
Of bright yellow

People standing on a square of mountains,
A preacher, arms raised,
constantly redeeming,
Shacks built below a
Sagging telephone line and a tiny taxi
Perpetually disappearing into a tunnel.

They cannot see so far as my baobab tree,

My heart made of Historical Barbed Wire
Painful for whom it kept in
And out
Or my cementsolid, glasslight Cross
and Star
From new Bethesda (owlhouse
Where I first learnt the depths
Of light and
Dark)

On the opposite wall they see a
Smear of
Royal blue
Bright and bold and hopeful

They cannot see,
Maybe

My picture of a girl jumping, Flying out
Of demons mouths painted by
A dear dear friend
Who is just beginning to jump
Out of hers...

But they can see the sunflowers

Bold and bright
And easy yellow
Against the blue.


I hope this makes them smile.

2 comments:

  1. Sunflowers are universal. Some other things take more understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me smile. you make me smile. and your yellow. and blue. and butter finger gentleness. my farfalla.

    ReplyDelete