Translate

Wednesday 4 May 2016

Light in the Window

This flicker of
Fragility I will
Neither fan not squash

I will rather place
It in the corner of
My window as a
Small signal for gentleness

If you see this light
Knock gently
My door will be open
I will be sitting by the fire

Come and sit next to me
Slowly, touch me
If I do not flinch
Put one arm around me
One arm holding my book
In case my eyes are heavy

Let us be gentle together
In my fragility

If you cannot be gentle
When you see this light
Do not even breathe
On my window
Keep walking,
Wrapped in your lights

If your lights dim
If you one day
Find yourself fragile

Put a light
In your window

If I am able,
Feeling warm

I will knock gently

See how strong
Our fragile lights
Can be, one arm
Around me
One arm
Around you

No comments:

Post a Comment