Translate

Friday 18 November 2016

Nat and Em



There is tenderness
Is the softnesses of you
Small moments you each watch for
Fingers out
To catch them and string them
Up, beauty to take the sting
Out of the overflowing river of
World hurt

You give me hope because
You watch for these moments
For each other- each knowing each,
What colours hurt, what colours heal
And how much a back massage means

I wish I could show
You the way your eyes
Soften
When you talk about each other
They soften and widen and suddenly
Love is a thing I can taste on the tip of my tongue

You hold each other
In politics and pain, through sleep, sweat, and season change
And the best thing is, you
Let your friends see these tiny moments you
Collect for each other
You string them up with laughter in the face of Everything

We are all left with lights dancing in the back of our dark

As we sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment