Translate

Monday 31 October 2011

Fizzers (Fingers)

We were insane
 You and I
   Stretched out like
     Fizzers, in the sun

And mashed into each
 Other like small kids do with
    Fizzers, here
  My pink
Your green
And look! magic! twistscurls
  Swirls round and round and wrapping again and again
    And thinner and closer and how
 Tight can we make it until until
I want my pink and
 You want your green

But they have melted into each
Other, in the sun

So we put our mouths
  Together and
    Sucked
 The two flavours out
 End from end

We burned holes in our
  Tongues
   And still couldn't pry them apart,
(my green your
   pink)
      and we wrapped them
    round our sticky
fingers and
   pulled and pulled
     until they stretched out so far


one thin thin tightrope
                                 until the snap-
                                             when it came- was miniscule

until the only thing left between us was distance

No comments:

Post a Comment