Translate

Saturday 1 October 2011

Swallow

I swallow names they
Make up my cells
Each taking up residence
In my foot my stomach
My gut and when
History is written painted too
Big they shiver and shift me
Into nausea into dance
And I must hear them
I must hear them

I swallow names they
Trip into my head
They converse with my thoughts and
Take over sometimes
And when I am still they
Are there with the braai and
Their tears, chairs scraping as
They are pulled together for
The conversation

I swallow names
They are there with their
Ancestors, lineage lullabies
And smallbig tales
Behind my crown

How can you
How can you still
How can you still pretend?

You have sat and
Drawn your
Testaments in the dust for
Years while reality floated
Away from you

How can you still pretend?

No comments:

Post a Comment